🔋Advantages And Disadvantages of Concrete As a Construction Material🌱
Following are the 20 benefits and drawbacks of concrete:
Advantages of Concrete
1. Concrete components(cement, aggregate, water) are simple to get at any location.
2. The components of concrete can be carried easily anywhere.
3. Mixing and positioning of concrete are simple.
4. The workability of concrete can be increased by increasing water and altering the percentages of concrete elements.
5. Skilled employees are not needed for the blending and positioning of concrete.
6. It is a fire-resisting product.
7. The durability of concrete is high.
8. Concrete is a semi-liquid product, So it can be cast to get any required shape.
9. Concrete is a lasting product.
10. The Concrete relatively functions as thermal insulation.
11. The deterioration of concrete is less.
12. In color blending, chemical modifications normally do not happen.
13. Concrete has much better water insulation compared to others.
14. The concrete upkeep procedure is really simple and the upkeep expense is low.
15. The compressive strength of concrete is really high.
16. Concrete can withstand all weathering impacts, so it appropriates for all seasons.
Disadvantages of Concrete
1. Once it gets solidified, it cannot be transformed into another kind.
2. The concrete building is not ideal for severe saline or acidic environment conditions.
3. It requires a couple of days to attain its complete strength.
4. Without utilizing the reinforcement bar, the tensile strength of the concrete is minimal.