Corrosion of reinforcing steel and other embedded metals is the leading cause of deterioration in concrete.
🧬Causes of Deterioration of Concrete
🔋How concrete Deterioration happens?🌱
Deterioration of concrete is triggered due to the impact of both external and internal companies. The external or ecological companies triggering the wear and tear of concrete consists of:
- Attack by natural or commercial liquids and gases.
- Acids in the type of water option.
- Fertilizers, insecticides, and specific natural substances.
- Attack by biological representatives.
The internal companies accountable for the wear and tear of concrete consists of:
- Harmful alkali-aggregate responses.
- Volume modifications due to non-compatible thermal and mechanical homes of aggregates and cement paste.
- Presence of sulfates and chlorides in the active ingredients of concrete