Principle of plane table surveying is based on the Parallelism, there are 4 methods,
- Radiation method.
- Intersection Method
- Transverse method
- Re-section method
Advantages of Plane table Surveying
- The map is drawn during the survey work on the spot in the field.
- No need for field books or notes.
- No need to measure angles.
- No local attraction.
- No chance of missing any records.
- It is suitable for small areas, in case the area is large you have to use Total station and for the next level, you have to use GPS.
- It can be used for uneven and irregular areas.
- Expertise is not required to do the survey.
Disadvantages of Plane table Surveying
- It cannot be used in bad weather.
- It is not suitable to work in jungle areas, it’s because we don’t be able to do sighting.
- It is difficult to work on a sunshine day.
- If the weather is very harsh then the plane table can be bend.
- Since the filed book is not making a site it’s very difficult to do modifications in the later stage.
- It is not suitable for large areas.