Precast Concrete Piles are displacement piles that are one of the most economical pile systems on a cost per lineal foot per load supported basis.
🧬Precast Concrete Piles – 11 Advantages and Disadvantages
🔋Advantages of Precast Concrete Piles🌱
Advantages of precast concrete piles are as follows:
1. During concreting, the reinforcement which is utilized in the piles is not interrupted from its real position.
2. Proper control in casting and curing can be worked out and if any flaw after casting is discovered, it can be fixed prior to piles are utilized.
3. They can likewise be driven undersea.
4. Precast concrete piles are not impacted by the chemical action of the subsoil.
5. They can be taking load instantly after their positioning to their needed location and no time at all is lost.
6. Several piles can be produced side by side at a time, so its production expense is less than other kinds of piles.
🔋Disadvantages of Precast Concrete Piles 🌱
Following are the drawbacks of precast piles
1. Being really heavy, carrying, dealing with, and driving them is really difficult.
2. additional steel should be supplied near the top and bottom of the piles, in order to prevent the tensions established throughout dealing with and driving.
3. The precast concrete piles can not be cast in an appropriate length unless trial bores are made. Therefore, it ends up being really tough to cut additional length, if the pile is casted longer than the needed length.
4. It might break without appropriate handling and driving.
5. The pile length is likewise limited depending upon the mode of transport available.