Ways To Prevent of Concrete Deterioration: Deterioration of concrete can likewise be avoided by dealing with the concrete with services of ideal salts or acids
🧬10 Ways To Prevent of Concrete Deterioration
🔋How To Prevent Concrete Deterioration?🌱
The following procedures are required to avoid degeneration of concrete:
1. From the factor to consider of permeability, the water-cement ratio is generally restricted to 0.45 to 0.55.
2. The cement content must be such that it guarantees adequate alkalinity to avoid rust of reinforcement. For concreting under the marine environment, minimum cement content of 350 kg/m or more is to be utilized.
3. The water-cement ratio and the cement content should offer sufficient paste to overfill deep spaces in compressed concrete.
4. The use of Portland slag cement or Portland pozzolana cement is helpful for concreting in seawater.
5. Use of Portland cement having C3A content less than 5% appropriates for concreting under sulfate environment.
6. The super-sulfated cement offers appropriate resilience versus the acidic environment.
7. The addition of hydraulic ingredients is likewise handy to avoid the degeneration of concrete.
8. It is possible to obtain a significant enhancement in the quality of concrete by motivating natural or synthetic carbonation of the surface layer.
9. Deterioration of concrete can likewise be avoided by dealing with the concrete with services of ideal salts or perhaps acids in small concentration.
10. The resilience of concrete can likewise be increased by fertilizing the pores with an ideal polymer.