Calculation of Quantity of Cement, Sand, and Water required for Plastering How many bags of cement and how many tonnes of sand or fine aggregate required for plastering.
- Septic Tank and its Design | Building Construction
- Quantity of Cement, Sand & Water needed for Plastering
🔑Quantity of Cement, Sand & Water needed for Plastering:-
Plastering describes securing a wall or ceiling by laying a plaster (Cement plaster). Plastering is done to get rid of surface flaws triggered by brickwork and to keep the surface smooth for painting.
There are various kinds of plastering products out of them, cement plaster is thoroughly utilized. Some other kinds of plastering products consist of lime plaster, clay plaster, etc.
How to pick the right plastering product for your home?
In any kind of plastering 2 significant aspects are considered they are Surface Protection and the expense of the product. If the quality of the plastering is increased and taken greater, then the expense is impacted. If cost is thought about and Quality of plaster is taken lower value then the surface defense is jeopardized.
- Plastering products need to be inexpensive and cost-effective.
- It must be resilient sufficient to sustain any weather modifications in the whole life expectancy of the structure.
- Plastering products need to have exceptional workability which can be used throughout any weather.
Let us determine the amount of basic materials (Cement, Sand & water) needed for cement plaster. Though the exact same procedure applies to any other kinds of plastering products.
Calculating the amounts of Cement & Sand needed for plastering:
General indicate be kept in mind in Plastering work estimation
- The ratios discussed in plastering are volumetric ratios of Cement & Sand (Ex. Cement: Sand = 1:5, 1 part of cement and 5 parts of sand in a mortar).
- The general density of plastering needs to be minimum 20mm consisting of 2 coats.
- Cement has a dry density volume of 1440Kg/m3
- Each bag of cement weighs = 50 Kgs or 110 pounds
- The Volume of each cement bag = 50Kgs/1440 = 0.0348 m3.
- The dry density of sand = 1600Kgs/m3
- The plastering is carried out in 2 layers (2 coats): The initial coat of plastering is laid with a density of minimum 12mm (typically varies in between 12-15mm) and this coat is called a Rough coat or Primary coat.
- The 2nd coat needs to be laid with a density of 8mm and this is called a Finish coat or Secondary coat of plastering.
Total Plastering = First coat + Second Coat
Different ratios of Cement mortar utilized for plastering are arranged listed below:
|Mix Ratio||Areas of use|
|1:6 & 1:5||This ratio is typically utilized for Internal plastering of bricks|
|1:4||Used for Ceiling and external walls|
|1:3||As its an abundant mortar mix and it is utilized where external walls are susceptible to extreme weather conditions.
It is likewise utilized for repair.
Steps associated with the estimation of plastering amounts:
- Find the overall location of the wall to be plastered in Sqm (m2).
- Consider the ratio and density of plastering
- Calculate the Total Volume of Plastering
- Find out the Volume of Cement and Sand separately for both the coats
- Calculate the overall volume of cement & Sand needed for plastering
Now concerning the estimation part,
We are thinking about the below worths for estimation function:
- Wall width and height is 10m and 10m.
- The ratio of First coat of plastering (Cement: Sand = 1:5) with a density of 12mm.
- the ratio of the secondary coat of plastering (Cement: Sand = 1:3) with a density of 8mm.
Step 1: Calculate the Area of Plastering
Area = width x height = 10 x 10 = 100m2
Step 2: Find the Volume of Plastering
Volume of First Coat = Area of Plastering x Thickness of Plastering
= 100m2 x 12mm (Convert mm to m)
= 100×0.012 = 1.2m3
Hence, Volume of First Coat of Plastering = 1.2m3
The volume of Second Coat = Area of Plastering x Thickness of Plastering
= 100m2 x 8mm (Convert mm to m)
= 100×0.008 = 0.8m3
Therefore Volume of Second coat of plastering = 0.8m3
Step 3: Finding the individual amounts of Cement and Sand.
First coat ratio = 1:5 (1 part of Cement and 5 parts of Sand)
Total parts = 1+5 = 6
= 1.2 x 1/6 = 0.2m3
= 0.8 x 5/ 6 = 1.0m3
Similarly for Second coat,
Second coat ratio = 1:3 (1 part of cement and 3 parts of sand)
Total parts = 1+3 =4
= 0.8 x 1/4 = 0.2m3
= 0.8 x 3/4 = 0.6m3
Step 4: Finding the amount of water needed for plastering:
The amount of water to be included mix relies on the wetness content present in cement, sand & environment.
Quantity of water = 20% of overall dry product (Cement+Sand)
= 20% of (574+2560) = 0.2 x 3134 = 627 litres.
How lots of bags of cement are needed for 1 square meter of plastering?
If the above-discussed worths are thought about for this then (Rough quote)
From above, 100m2= 574 Kgs of cement
1m2 = 574/100 = 5.7Kgs
Quantity of Cement, Sand & Water needed for Plastering. For 100m2 of Wall, if very first & 2nd coat of cement mortar ratio 1:5 & 1:3 laid then
The Quantity of cement needed = 574Kgs
Calculated Quantity of Sand (Fine aggregate) needed = 2560Kgs
Quantity of Water needed = 627 liters.